Waste Auditor Training
Recycling Council of Ontario (RCO) offers annual Waste Auditor Training sessions, which are based on a Standard Waste Audit Method that supports development in key areas:
- accurate and standardized methods of measuring and reporting performance
- auditing principles
- sampling methods
- benchmarking and data analysis
- best practices
- compliance with regulation
A combination of lectures and workshops offers attendees hands-on experience through case studies, creation of audit plans, and development and application of auditing skills through table-top scenarios and situational exercises.
Participants also learn about modern methods of performance measurement, methods of calculating waste reduction, and realistic indicators of effective source separation programs. Participants apply audit findings into compliant and effective waste reduction work plans that focus on waste reduction and reuse as priorities.
Launched in 2013 3RCertified
is for the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (IC&I) sector, and aims to standardize and enhance waste minimization practices through waste audits and a comprehensive analysis of the entire lifecycle of material management – from procurement to final destination.
Attendees that acquire the Certificate of Completion are added to a service providers list that supports 3RCertified. Organizations that apply for 3RCertified status also receive points toward their certification for engaging auditors.
Waste Auditor Training is a popular offering that attracts a diverse set of individuals who wish to expand their knowledge and experience:
- seasoned waste auditors
- recent university graduates
- waste haulers and processors
- custodial and environmental services staff
- sustainability professionals
- facility managers
- green team members
- representatives from IC&I waste generators, such as manufacturers, hospitals, and retail chains.
Waste Auditor Training equips participants with the necessary tools to complete a waste audit for their organization in accordance with regulatory requirements and RCO’s Standard Waste Audit Method.
Next scheduled session
June 12 and 13, 2018
8260 Parkhill Drive
Milton, ON L9T 5V7
Registration Deadline: June 1, 2018
- Certificate of Attendance or Certificate of Completion*
- Two days of instruction and related workshops
- Copy RCO Standard Waste Audit Method
- Handbook and in-class training materials
- Breakfast, lunch and light refreshments both days
- Networking with other waste and auditing professionals
* Participants are required to pass both the in-class and written examination components of the training to be eligible for Certificate of Completion. To receive a Certificate of Completion an overall minimum score of 70 per cent based on attendance, participation, course work and exam must be achieved.
RCO Member: $1,575
RCO Future Member: $1,775
Waste Auditor Training is a popular learning and development opportunity, and each session is limited to 16 registrations.
Email 3RCertified@rco.on.ca to register now or be placed on a waiting list for future sessions.
8260 Parkhill Drive
General Events, Member Events, RCO Events