Waste Auditor Training
RCO is pleased to offer two-day professional training in waste auditing method and reporting. The Waste Auditor Training program is based on RCO’s Standard Waste Audit Method (SWAM) and focuses on auditing principles, sampling methods, benchmarking and data analysis, and accurate methods of measuring and reporting performance. The Waste Auditor Training attracts participants from diverse backgrounds: seasoned professional waste auditors; recent university graduates; waste haulers and processors and Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (IC&I) waste generators, including: manufacturers, hospitals and retail chains, to name a few.
This is a technical course that requires participants to have knowledge of and overall comfort in working with mathematical formulas.
The course offers a combination of lectures and workshops where students work on case studies, create audit plans, and develop/practice auditing skills through table-top scenarios and situational exercises. Participants also learn about modern methods of performance measurement – methods of calculating waste reduction and realistic indicators of effective source separation programs (overall capture rate). Participants also apply audit findings into compliant and effective waste reduction work plans that focus on waste reduction and reuse as the first two priorities.
Course Learning Outcomes
The Waste Auditor training course aims is to equip students with the necessary tools to complete a waste audit for their organization in accordance with regulatory requirements and RCO’s Standard Waste Audit Method.
Contact us for information
- Certificate of Attendance or
- Certificate of Completion*
- Two days of instruction and related workshops
- Copy RCO Standard Waste Audit Method
- Handbook and in-class training materials
- Breakfast, lunch and light refreshments both days
- Networking with other waste and auditing professionals
* Participants are required to pass both the in-class and written examination components of the training to be eligible for Certificate of Completion. To receive a Certificate of Completion an overall minimum score of 70 per cent based on attendance, participation, course work and exam must be achieved.