3RCertified Program Manager
Application deadline: Wednesday Nov. 21, 2018, 5 p.m. EST
Recycling Council of Ontario (RCO) is an independent multi-stakeholder environmental charity with extensive experience in policy development, research, and market programs. Since 1978 our commitment to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle has driven our actions and is the bedrock of our efforts to facilitate the efficient use of resources to reduce waste and associated greenhouse gas emissions. We are also fully engaged in advancing the circular economy that aims to maximize value and eliminate waste by improving the design and use of materials, products, and business models.
Environment performance is a key objective for the industrial, commercial and industrial (IC&I) sector, and in particular, the ability to reduce waste and the costs and liabilities associated with it. Facility managers are also having to expand their knowledge to support sustainability goals and are looking for tools to ensure compliance and beyond. Environmental certification programs help to provide these resources and offer important profiling opportunity to recognize leadership. However, certification programs must be evidence-based and achievements recognized by them verified.
Launched in 2012 in Ontario, 3RCertified recognizes organizations that take a leadership position in waste reduction and diversion. After 5+ years in the market it requires a full review to ensure value and continued growth into the future. RCO requires a committed professional to evaluate the program’s strengths, challenges, and opportunities while continuing to manage and improve day-to-day operations.
For more visit www.3RCertified.ca
Reporting to RCO’s Executive Director the Program Manager possesses a variety of skills and abilities, and can execute numerous discrete tasks with exceptional efficiency, quality, and independence. The successful candidate will be required to plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of 3RCertified moving forward.
This is an 8-month employment contract (with potential for extension) based on standard working hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Start date: Immediate
· Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the program
· Develop and manage a program short- and long-term strategy
· Develop and execute a robust communications and marketing plan in co-operation with RCO’s Communication Manager
· Interact with past applicants
· Identify new applicants
· Manage new partnerships that will enhance the program and build its profile
· Maintain milestone tracking and reporting
· Budget management and reporting
· Maintain database and online application process to support program application and evaluation processes
· Manage sub-contractors and other vendors as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum five years of experience in program/environmental/policy development at industry, government, or association levels
· Background or experience working in facility management and/or IC&I sectors
· Degree or diploma in an environment or related discipline, or equivalent experience
· Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
· Presentation skills
· Above average time management skills
· Adept in adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Self-starter who can work independently and in a team setting
· Passion for the environment and knowledge of the circular economy
RCO is a small and busy organization with a rich history of affecting environmental outcomes in Ontario and beyond. We are looking for a team player who knows what all hands-on deck means, can hit the ground running, and is ready to make the job their own. You will be a part of a collaborative group doing innovative and meaningful work.
The successful candidate is expected to possess necessary equipment – phone and computer – to fulfill job requirements, and a modest stipend will be provided. Although the focus of the assignment is Ontario, travel may be necessary to manage out of province opportunities.
This position can be remote. However, we do have temporary office space at 55 University Ave. in Toronto that can be accessed if desired.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “3RCertified Program Manager” in the subject line. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage all qualified people to apply. Only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.