Resource Recovery Partnership Conference
21 June 2018 - 22 June 2018
The Canadian Plastics Industry Association (CPIA) and the Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy (WISE) invites you to attend for the fifth annual Resource Recovery Partnership Conference on Thursday June 21 and Friday June 22, 2018 at the University of Waterloo.
This event is intended to bring together international experts, policy makers, researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs to explore how the advancements in resource recovery technologies and the pursuit of a sustainable economy are changing the way we interact with our world.
The goal of the two-day interactive conference is to address the critical components required in the journey towards zero waste and a sustainable economy. The panels of experts will share insights and invite audience feedback on the following topics:
- Circular economy: is there an integrated approach to sustainable energy and sustainable materials management?
- Competing philosophies of the sustainable economy: is there “one” right answer?
- Waste as feedstocks – technology – end markets: can we close the loop to maximize resource efficiency?
- Exploring the versatility of recovery technologies: discover new methods and hidden sources of achieving sustainable energy
- Charting the path to a sustainable economy by identifying the financial, legislative and market challenges, impediments and opportunities for advancing the “4th R” – resource recovery